• Welcome to Argonath RPG Fire Department. Please log in or sign up.

EMT Versus Paramedic

Started by Alex_Zissou, June 24, 2011, 05:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_Zissou

Quote from: Kelsey Schappell on July 03, 2011, 04:08:06 AM
Different states, different ideas. Our state is like I said.
Speaking to a level II EMT in the state of California. I'm not a road nurse. My job is to quickly diagnose, treat symptoms(if possible), and safety and quickly transport to a hospitol. That is the basic.  Paramedic verses an EMT is just training. JUST training. With a paramedic staffed on my engine, I can do anything he can. Except for IV, only paramedics can LEGALLY IV. Now a Doctor doesn't JUST treat symptoms, they find the cause for the symptoms and then treat the CAUSE.
*FDNY 343*                                    *USFS BDF Engine 57*

Allison

Same training an Ohio State certified nurse does.

Alex_Zissou

Quote from: Kelsey Schappell on July 03, 2011, 04:13:18 AM
Well that isn't the case in California, a nurse can't drive an ambulance in California unless signed off by a fire department Chief. And has been fully trained and certified by Cal DMV.

SugarD

Quote from: Alex_Zissou on July 03, 2011, 04:14:38 AM
Quote from: Kelsey Schappell on July 03, 2011, 04:13:18 AM
Well that isn't the case in California, a nurse can't drive an ambulance in California unless signed off by a fire department Chief.
I'm sure that's the same in Ohio too, but that doesn't mean their basic trainings aren't the same. Remember, California is only one state of many ;)

Allison

Obviously they cannot here, but I'm saying the training is VERY SIMILAR to EMT's here. Paramedic is the same as I said.
Quite sure this is the United States Of Argonath, not the United States Of America.

Alex_Zissou

Quote from: Kelsey Schappell on July 03, 2011, 04:15:59 AM
Obviously they cannot here, but I'm saying the training is VERY SIMILAR to EMT's here. Paramedic is the same as I said.
Quite sure this is the United States Of Argonath, not the United States Of America.
And in Argonath it's just a rank no extra training.

Allison

'Just a rank' eh? So you're saying everything is 'just a rank'? Or just that? It here too requires more training.

Alex_Zissou

Quote from: Kelsey Schappell on July 03, 2011, 04:21:43 AM
'Just a rank' eh? So you're saying everything is 'just a rank'? Or just that? It here too requires more training.
Who does the training? The reason I say that is because I don't really see any training. Don't know how EMS stuff works in Argonath, and quite frankly assumed it was just a rank that you could reach.

SugarD

Quote from: Alex_Zissou on July 03, 2011, 04:43:58 AM
Who does the training? The reason I say that is because I don't really see any training. Don't know how EMS stuff works in Argonath, and quite frankly assumed it was just a rank that you could reach.
Last I checked you were in charge of that for SA:MP. Why not get with the other servers and figure out some unified training for them then?

SugarD

Quote from: Alex_Zissou on July 03, 2011, 04:52:56 AM
Quote from: SugarD on July 03, 2011, 04:50:57 AM
Quote from: Alex_Zissou on July 03, 2011, 04:43:58 AM
Last I checked you were in charge of that for SA:MP. Why not get with the other servers and figure out some unified training for them then?
Before myself. And I'm not even in EMS, so that's a negative. I am training officer for fire department. Hoping we could find someone that knows what there doing to be the Medical Training Officer.
EMS no longer uses this forum, and for the tenth time, EMS is not part of ARFD! We have our own medical team! :P

Quote from: Jason_Conner on July 03, 2011, 05:29:06 AM
Teach them to /heal and you're set for life. Honestly, it's to a point where we over train people for nothing. I can RP an anthrax attack on Pershing Square and everyone would be happy if I came with a gas mask and handed out anthrax antidote to everyone.
Oh ya, sit there and moan about it too. You're setting a great example. How about get out there and fix it instead of complaining about people RP'ing horribly when they obviously don't know any better? Who knows, maybe it'll get some of them to RP correctly once they know how...
This isn't RL-RP, serious RP, or IC/OOC RP. That means that obviously not everyone will be willing to get technical and advanced with their RP's, but that doesn't mean they aren't willing to RP out scenarios in a fun way.

For both of you, if you find an issue and want to discuss it, that's fine, but don't moan about it. Try to find solutions to fix it instead. Quit complaining about the problems you see and work towards solving them so they don't exist in the first place. The more you moan, the worse they get.

This is a final warning. Play nice and stop moaning. If you have something to complain about, be sure to discuss it in a way that shows you are trying to find positive solutions. I'm not going to let this agency follow the same mistakes that others have in Argonath.

Alex_Zissou

QuoteThis is a final warning. Play nice and stop moaning. If you have something to complain about, be sure to discuss it in a way that shows you are trying to find positive solutions. I'm not going to let this agency follow the same mistakes that others have in Argonath.
Then please can I get an answer? What is the difference between a fire department. EMT, and a fire department Paramedic. I know the difference in real life in California, but I could sure use an answer in Argonath. I've been trying to figure that out for a while now, and people are just chasing there tails round and round. I need to know so I can try and fix (if needed) these issues. If we have
Quoteour own medical team! :P
Then to let some weight off my shoulders I would like to make someone in charge of the medical side, just like in real life. I don't go through my fire department for medical training. I go through a college actually.

SugarD

Quote from: Alex_Zissou on July 03, 2011, 06:30:07 AM
QuoteThis is a final warning. Play nice and stop moaning. If you have something to complain about, be sure to discuss it in a way that shows you are trying to find positive solutions. I'm not going to let this agency follow the same mistakes that others have in Argonath.
Then please can I get an answer? What is the difference between a fire department. EMT, and a fire department Paramedic. I know the difference in real life in California, but I could sure use an answer in Argonath. I've been trying to figure that out for a while now, and people are just chasing there tails round and round. I need to know so I can try and fix (if needed) these issues. If we have
Quoteour own medical team! :P
Then to let some weight off my shoulders I would like to make someone in charge of the medical side, just like in real life. I don't go through my fire department for medical training. I go through a college actually.
1. The difference isn't well defined, but essentially a Paramedic on our team is similar to a Fire Lieutenant in terms of training and skills, even though the Academies have changed so much since ARFD was founded that things are a bit weird.
2. We are working on assigning someone to lead the medical team. Right now Hiro is the Acting Chief for it.