• Welcome to Argonath RPG Fire Department. Please log in or sign up.

Firefighters training in a Flash over simulator.

Started by tsgh_mike, May 25, 2011, 12:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsgh_mike

Alex_Zissou

That wasn't a flashover! It was a roll over... No I didn't get that from the first comment however he does have a point...

-Thats not a flashover, that's a rollover!? a flashover is the spontaneous combustion of all the contents of a room igniting at roughly the same time. This is a Rollover, where the unburned fuel "smoke" mixed with sufficient oxygen to ignite, rollover is a great indicator of impending flashover if the super heated gases at the ceiling are not cooled
PCnever 1 year ago

-I see where you are coming from. The reason it looks as if it is a rollover is because we are roughly 3 ft. below the floor that the fire is on. The ignition is of the carbon monoxide (large component in smoke) igniting at about 1200F. Shortly after that point the flashover would occur if there were more combustible fuels in the container. This was in a flashover simulator. They are made to show firefighters the warning signs of flashover and how to prevent? the flashover for a few seconds.
Ecrichto 1 year ago
*FDNY 343*                                    *USFS BDF Engine 57*

tsgh_mike

Those are called "Flashover simulators" I did not name them, thats what they are also called in Philadelphia, it all depends, on where you are trained where you call it.

This isn't properly burned now that I watch it, flashover simulators occur in the trailers only.