• Welcome to Argonath RPG Fire Department. Please log in or sign up.

EMT Class

Started by Mark_Hansley, May 02, 2013, 01:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_Hansley

I just want to say I would like to help training move along and teach an EMT class for SA:MP. I am currently taking classes for EMR and registered for a Volunteer EMS/Medical Corps in my area. Is that Ok command? If i'm too low on the rank scale, I completely understand. You may read my medical reports or academy topics if any doubt.

(EMR is an Emergency Medical Responder (Lower than an EMT), about 24-50 training. (Assessment, Vitals, Oxygen, BVM, Airway Adjuncts, Pulse Oximetry, Glucometry, Suction, AED, CPR, Choking, Trauma and Medical Treatment, Splints, Backboard, C-Collar, Obstetrics, KED, Basic Extrication, EMS Ops, Oral Glucose, Epi Pens. Only thing different is that EMRs can't insert LMAs, and give 4-5 medications an EMT can administer (Albuterol, Aspirin, Nitroglycerin, Activated Charcoal.)

I am currently having issues with new computer and should be resolved shortly. (Am online during weekends and have access to old computer (East Coast Time) and available for class)

SugarD

Quote from: benasack2000 on May 02, 2013, 01:08:50 AM
I just want to say I would like to help training move along and teach an EMT class for SA:MP. I am currently taking classes for EMR and registered for a Volunteer EMS/Medical Corps in my area. Is that Ok command? If i'm too low on the rank scale, I completely understand. You may read my medical reports or academy topics if any doubt.

(EMR is an Emergency Medical Responder (Lower than an EMT), about 24-50 training. (Assessment, Vitals, Oxygen, BVM, Airway Adjuncts, Pulse Oximetry, Glucometry, Suction, AED, CPR, Choking, Trauma and Medical Treatment, Splints, Backboard, C-Collar, Obstetrics, KED, Basic Extrication, EMS Ops, Oral Glucose, Epi Pens. Only thing different is that EMRs can't insert LMAs, and give 4-5 medications an EMT can administer (Albuterol, Aspirin, Nitroglycerin, Activated Charcoal.)

I am currently having issues with new computer and should be resolved shortly. (Am online during weekends and have access to old computer (East Coast Time) and available for class)
You are free and welcome to share your RL knowledge regardless of your rank or status in any of the FD's, but bear in mind that it is not considered official training, and should not be implied as such.

Mark_Hansley

Do I need to be a training officer?

SugarD

Quote from: benasack2000 on May 03, 2013, 01:20:02 AM
Do I need to be a training officer?
To make it official, yes. The content also needs to be part of the Academy itself officially. :ff:

Mark_Hansley

The contents of my course would include whats in the academy presently and a few more upcoming topics like

Basic Life Support

Advanced Life Support

Obstetrics

Drugs

Medical/Trauma treatment