• Welcome to Argonath RPG Fire Department. Please log in or sign up.

What we do in such situation ?

Started by Bullit, April 17, 2015, 08:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullit

Well, I want to know what do we do in such situation. Like my friend has got something ( Kinda like Oil stuff ) on fire and his house some stuff was burning and This CO2 stuff also started burning ( RP ). So what can he do to stop the fire ? I know he can call Fire department. But is there any other small fix that he can do to get rid of the stuffs burning and this CO2 burning ?

Thank you !
Trying to achieve Fire Company Chief Position / Fire Lieutenant Position ! Working Hard !

PulseEffect

Baking Soda, restricting oxygen flow to the room is a good start.

^Former
[SA:MP SAFD] | SAFD Fire Engineer | Fire Marshal/State Counsel |
[VC:MP FDVC] | FDVC Firefighter |

Morais

First thing is to turn off the Energy of Activation. If it is a stove or an oven just put it out. After that try to asphyxiate the fire, covering the pan with the cap. If the fire has no oxygen it will stop burning.
You should be able to use water on the extinguisher.

SugarD

Quote from: Morais on May 01, 2015, 07:05:14 PM
That depends on what is causing it to burn. From the looks of that picture, an accelerant was used to allow the fire to "hover" in that location and burn. Depending on the accelerant, water may or may not be a good idea. (This is especially true in the case of electrical or chemical fires).

PulseEffect

Quote from: SugarD on May 02, 2015, 09:46:10 PM
That depends on what is causing it to burn. From the looks of that picture, an accelerant was used to allow the fire to "hover" in that location and burn. Depending on the accelerant, water may or may not be a good idea. (This is especially true in the case of electrical or chemical fires).

Never use water to combat electrical or chemical fires, doing so is a serious risk! We should all know this! :ff:

^Former
[SA:MP SAFD] | SAFD Fire Engineer | Fire Marshal/State Counsel |
[VC:MP FDVC] | FDVC Firefighter |

Morais

Quote from: PulseEffect on May 04, 2015, 08:24:21 AM

Never use water to combat electrical or chemical fires, doing so is a serious risk! We should all know this! :ff:

I know, but the cause for the extinguisher to burn is unknown

SugarD

Quote from: Morais on May 04, 2015, 03:08:28 PM
Quote from: PulseEffect on May 04, 2015, 08:24:21 AM

I know, but the cause for the extinguisher to burn is unknown
In that case I would use extreme caution, and attempt to put it out with another ABC-type certified extinguisher from a distance. That particular fire, because it is concentrated with no known sources visible nearby, appears to be being fueled by gasoline or another similar liquid chemical, although this is not for certain. The smell of the smoke and the color of the flames can also be indicators of what you are dealing with.

When in doubt, call HAZMAT.