• Welcome to Argonath RPG Fire Department. Please log in or sign up.

Differences between being in ARFD and being a volunteer? [SA:MP]

Started by Foley, May 20, 2013, 08:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foley

Hey guys,

Since I am thinking of joining the ARFD as a medic, I'm wondering what the difference/s are between simply doing /medic and /fireman and actually being in the ARFD?

Thanks! :D
Axel F
The Beverly Hills Cop.

Kev_Hernandez

First off, we are glad to see you are interested! So obviously whichever path you take whether it be fire based medic or a firefighter you are in the official arfd (safd) if you get accepted.

Fire based medic - different ranks than a firefighter, you are obviously doing paramedic work. Responding to accidents, responding to fires to assist firefighters if they get injured.

Now taking the career path of being a firefighter you have a ranking structure in which is different from the fire based medic.. In this career path you are strictly responding to accidents, fires, etc. you may still assist a medic but they are obviously the ones with that knowledge.

If you have any further questions you are welcomed to ask. This is just a brief statement on the two careers.
Proud Company Chief

SugarD

I think you're both a little confused. ;)

ARFD = anyone on fire duty, regardless of being in a division such as SA:MP SAFD or not.

ARFD Volunteer Firefighters = Anyone on fire duty that isn't in an division.

LU FDLC = Anyone in the LU FDLC division.

MTA:VC FDVC = Anyone in the MTA:VC FDVC division.

VC:MP FDVC = Anyone in the VC:MP FDVC division.

MTA:SA SAFD = Anyone in the MTA:SA SAFD division.

SA:MP SAFD = Anyone in the SA:MP SAFD division.

IV:MP FDLC = Anyone in the IV:MP FDLC division.

Everyone is ARFD, but only some are part of a specific division, provided they applied and were accepted. Everyone is allowed to go on fire duty regardless of this.

As for scripted differences in ranks, you gain more organization and training when you join a specific division, and it's meant more for those who are dedicated to it and enjoy the job. Depending on the server's current and future situations, there may be scripted advantages to joining a division too, that ARFD Volunteer Firefighters don't normally get.

Foley

Thanks guys, that clears some stuff up :) What I actually meant was, being in the faction and not being in the faction :P
Axel F
The Beverly Hills Cop.

Kev_Hernandez

Quote from: Foley on May 20, 2013, 11:12:52 PM
Thanks guys, that clears some stuff up :) What I actually meant was, being in the faction and not being in the faction :P

As a volunteer you don't have a ranking structure, chain of command, go to people as much as when you have actually made an application and gotten accepted if that is the case. When you are a volunteer you don't have exact rules, I mean of course no one should be abusing the water cannon on the engines but.. When you are officially in which is obviously after making an application and getting accepted then you have rules to follow, such as having to be a certain rank to drive certain vehicles, or having to get permission.. Take a look how you have the ARPD then you have the SAPD, same situation here except its a fire department. :)
Proud Company Chief

SugarD

Quote from: Kev_Hernandez on May 20, 2013, 11:20:41 PM
Quote from: Foley on May 20, 2013, 11:12:52 PM

As a volunteer you don't have a ranking structure, chain of command, go to people as much as when you have actually made an application and gotten accepted if that is the case. When you are a volunteer you don't have exact rules, I mean of course no one should be abusing the water cannon on the engines but.. When you are officially in which is obviously after making an application and getting accepted then you have rules to follow, such as having to be a certain rank to drive certain vehicles, or having to get permission.. Take a look how you have the ARPD then you have the SAPD, same situation here except its a fire department. :)
Volunteer Firefighters, just like ARPD Officers, (formerly called Freecops), are only bound by server and community rules. :ff:

Foley

I see :D and also, since I am not in the SAFD (Hope I got it right :P ) Am I still allowed to file reports/records?
Axel F
The Beverly Hills Cop.

SugarD

Quote from: Foley on May 22, 2013, 03:12:28 PM
I see :D and also, since I am not in the SAFD (Hope I got it right :P ) Am I still allowed to file reports/records?
You are more than welcome to via the forum boards or the Records Database. :ff:

If you can see it, you're allowed to use it. :)